I don’t know if you have heard or not, but it seems that HTC is also using the same ODM as Nokia and Motorola. The specs of their latest midranger Desire 22 Pro seem quite familiar to the recently leaked specs of the Nokia X21. Well, there are some small differences but basically, they are close to identical.
It looks to me that these three brands agreed to use the same ODM and announce similarly-looking hardware and make it differ just by colour and slight changes to the design.
The desire 22 Pro just got recently announced and it is packing the following (leaked Nokia X21 specs in parenthesis, bolded ones are the same):
- 6.6 in FHD+ 120Hz (6.7″ OLED with 120Hz refresh rate)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 5G (Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 5G)
- 8 GB RAM + 128 GB Storage (6/128GB and 8/256GB)
- 4520 mAh (5000 mAh)
- 64MP main (f/1.79), 13MP UW (f/2.4), and 5MP depth-sensing camera (f/2.4) – 32MP front-facing camera (f/2.0) (64MP main camera, 13MP ultra-wide and 2 MP deep sensing, 16 MP front?)
- Android 12 (probably the same)
- Price £399 (not known)
Because of these phones, I’ll really start to believe all that Nothing PR posts about smartphones becoming boring as hell. The new Nokia devices are definitely nothing like the ones 10 or more years ago and I’m really wondering if there is some Nokianess left in all of the Nokia Mobile that can create a propper Nokia smartphone.
Even our MrNokia gets it 😉