Nokia Mobile recently announced the Nokia 1.4, its first smartphone of 2021. The device is quite a turn around compared to its predecessors. The difference between Nokia 1.3 and Nokia 1.4 is so huge that the scope for any major upgrade in Nokia 1.5 looks minuscule to me. Notably, the company is now streamlining the back design of its smartphone lineup. Most of the recent devices now have a circular camera module and a fingerprint sensor with some exceptions like the Nokia 2.4 and the C-series devices.
Nokia 1.4 comes with a 6.51-inch HD+ screen protected by a 2.5D Panda glass. Nokia Mobile boasts a battery life of up to two days on a single charge, fuelled by a 4000 mAh battery. Its textured back houses the fingerprint sensor, the speaker grille, and the camera module that consists of an 8 MP main camera, a 2 MP macro camera, and an LED flash arranged vertically. The device runs on Android 10 Go and will receive an upgrade to Android 11 Go in the future. It uses the Camera GO app that supports Portrait mode and Night mode.
Nokia 1.4 is already available in Australia, Russia, and Kazakhstan.
In Russia and Kazakhstan, the device has been available for pre-orders since the launch date. The 2/32 GB variant in Fjord (Blue) and Charcoal colors is priced at 7990 ₽ (€90), and the 3/64 GB variant in Dusk (Purple) and Fjord colors is priced at 9990 ₽ (€110). Click here to visit the product page.
The availability and pricing details in other countries where Nokia 1.4 will be available soon are as follows:
- In Austria and Germany, the 1/16 GB variant will go on sale in March for €109.
- Switzerland will get the same variant during March for CHF 119 (€110).
- In Saudi Arabia, the 2/32 GB variant will be available starting February 17 for SAR 391 (€87).
- UK will be getting the 1/16 GB variant in mid-March for £89.99 (€103, ₹9000, $124).
- In the UAE, the 2/32 GB variant will go on sale starting February 18 for AED 369 (€83, ₹7310, $100), while the 3/64 GB variant a month later, i.e., from March 18 for AED 399 (€90, ₹7900, $109).
Via (1, 2, 3, 4)