TENAA revealed photos of new affordable Nokia smartphone for China
Chinese telecommunication agency TENAA that is in charge of certifying new smartphones released the photos of a new Nokia smartphone, which is most likely an exclusive for the Chinese market. This smartphone Nokia TA-1258 is the first one to appear after Nokia X71, which was announced back in April 2019.
According to the certificate, this affordable smartphone will be heading to China Mobile, China Unicom, China Telecom, but the existence of the assistant button makes it a bit strange since Google doesn’t have its services running in China. Nokia TA-1258 looks a bit like Nokia 5.1, and it will be coming in two colors, Nordic Blue and Sand Gold according to Google translate.
Here are the revealed specs of TA-1258:
- Display: 5.99″ 720×1440 LCD display
- Dimensions: 159.6×77×8.5mm
- Memory: 3GB of RAM
- Internal memory: 32GB / 64GB of storage
- Main camera: 8MP back camera
- Selfie camera: 5MP front camera
- Battery: 3040mAh battery
- Processor: 1.6GHz Octa-Core CPU
- OS: Android 10
- Sensors: Gravity sensor, proximity sensor, light sensor, fingerprint reader
- Color options: Nordic Blue, Gold Sand
So, what do you think of this one? Nokia Mobile wasn’t so keen on bringing smartphones to China, but rather was promoting feature phones since the smartphone market is pretty much crowded there. Anyhow, there is always a place for Nokia in the lower price range since the Nokia brand is more valued than some other brands that are offering affordable smartphones.
Thanks Venkatesh for the tip 😉