The best cure for SARS-CoV-2 right now is prevention, and you can do that by social distancing and washing your hands often. But, your mobile phone is the extension of your hands, so it is good to disinfect it from time to time since it can also serve as a vector of the virus and some other infectious agents. The best way to disinfect your phone is by using a damp microfiber cloth with a mild solution of water and regular soap. The regular soap and water are the best agents to fight the CoV-2 virus and the rest of the enveloped and non-enveloped viruses.
Anyway, you can also use the 70% isopropyl alcohol wipes to clean the surface of your phone and cover, and those you can buy in your local pharmacy. But, in these times those wipes will be hard to get so the water and hand soap is the best solution to use.
Nokia published a text that advises on how to safely clean and disinfect your phone. They mentioned not to use abrasive wipes, hand sanitizing gels, and chemicals to clean your phone because those can damage your device. Also, you should be careful not to submerge your phone in cleaning agents or apply cleaning fluids directly to your handset to avoid any damage.
Here is the text in full:
How can I safely clean and disinfect my Nokia phone?
Before you get started
- Wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds with hand soap before cleaning your handset.
- Ensure your phone is unplugged from any wall outlets, docking stations, or wired connection.
- Remove the case from your phone if you are using one.
- Ensure any openings or ports on your phone are closed where possible.
Which products you should not use on your smartphone or feature phone
- Do not use hand gels, abrasive wipes or chemicals (including bleach and pure alcohol) on your handset, since this can damage the protective coating on your phone.
- Do not submerge your phone in cleaning agents or apply cleaning fluids directly to your handset, as this may cause damage to the device.
- Avoid using any abrasive materials that could scratch and damage your mobile phone.
How to clean your smartphone or feature phone using water and hand soap
- Lightly wipe your phone with a damp microfibre cloth with water and hand soap watching out not to wipe any liquid into any of the openings.
- Dry your phone with a clean microfibre cloth to ensure no moisture remains, and to ensure any potential marks are removed.
How to safely disinfect and clean with an alcohol wipe
Using a 70% isopropyl alcohol wipe, lightly wipe your phone while avoiding any open ports or openings. These should be available from most pharmacies depending on stock.
Wipe your handset with a clean microfibre cloth to ensure no moisture is present, and to remove any potential marks.
Thanks MichaelsoftSirFaceFone for the tip 😉