During the last few weeks we heard a lot about the upcoming Nokia 8.1, with the strongest rumor being that it is the global variant of a device already announced in China – the Nokia X7. Recent info from NokiaPowerUsers further strengthens that possibility
NPU received “marketing material” for the upcoming new Nokia 8, where we can clearly see that this device is a renamed Nokia X7 for the global market. This will probably be confirmed on the 5th of December, when HMD is holding an event in Dubai.
In one hand, calling Nokia X7 the Nokia 8.1 makes sense because Nokia 7 plus is still a great device and calling the X7 the Nokia 7.1 Plus will cause even more confusion. On the other hand, the 8 series started as an “affordable” flagship series. The X7 in the 4GB/64GB variant in China starts at around 220 euros, and on a global level that price might be doubled (considering the 7.1 is around 350 euros in Europe) and it will still be less than the initial price of the “affordable” flagship Nokia 8, which was around 550 euros. Specs of the X7 follow down below.
- Size: 154.8×75.76×7.97 (mm), 185g
- Display: 6.18-inch, 2246×1080 pixels, PureDisplay, HDR10
- 3500mAh battery
- CPU: Snapdragon 710 (8 cores @ 2.2GHz)
- Rear camera: 12MP f/1.8 1.4um, OIS + 13MP f/2.4 depth sensing, ZEISS optics
- Front camera: 20MP
- Memory: 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM, 6GB RAM + 64GB ROM, 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM, microSD up to 400GB
- Fingerprint sensor, FM Radio, BT5.0, USB Type C, 3.5mm headphone jack
Anyways, the Dubai event is in just a week and then we will know all the details.