Nokia 8110 4G is another resurrected Nokia legend that HMD Global presented on MWC2018. The idea behind it is the same it was behind the resurrection of 3310, to make an impact on the world of mobile industry. HMD told back then at the MWC2018 that the device will be available at the end of Spring, and it kept its promise. The resurrected banana phone is now available for purchase in Lazada webshop, which is, by the way, a Singapore based retailer. The price of the device in yellow is SGD109, which is approximately €69. Also, the device is available in Nigeria for NGN 24,000.
Nokia 8110 4G should already be available for preorders in some European markets for approximately €90. The Amazone UK is offering it for £78.56 (or close to €90), and you should be able also to do a preorder for yellow and black 8110 4G in Spain, Germany, Italy and France.
Specifications of Nokia 8110 4G:
- Display: 2.45” QVGA display, curved screen
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 205 MSM8905 Dual Core 1.1 GHz
- Memory: 512GB RAM, 4GB of internal storage
- Connectivity: WLAN IEEE 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth® 4.1, GPS/AGPS
- Camera: 2MP with LED flash on back
- OS: Smart Feature OS powered by KaiOS
- Battery: 1500mAh, MicroUSB2.0
- Colors: Black, Yellow
- Price: €79
Anyway, this device seems like a cool summer device for everyone that is tired of using a smartphone, or all of us that like to take a secondary phone to the beach (and are fans of the Matrix trilogy).