The long wait of many Nokia loving developers is over. HMD Global just announced that the Bootloader of some Nokia devices is going to be unlocked soon. This option is intended for experienced developers so they could make some customizations to the Nokia phones. If you are not experienced developer, you could end up with your phone bricked.
Juho Sarvikas said that now you can unlock the bootloader of your Nokia8.
Before you run into bootloader unlocking business, HMD wants you to know the next:
1. Once your phone is unlocked, it will no longer be covered by a manufacturer’s limited warranty provided by HMD Global.
2. Once a device is unlocked, it cannot be undone.
3. Unlocking a device means you may lose some of its functionalities, including – but not limited to – telephone, radio, audio, video, payment, encryption, and DRM.
4. After unlocking, all media and content on the device will be erased, and you will need to reinstall all applications.
5. Applications may not work anymore.
6. You could cause permanent/physical damage to your device.
7. Your device may become unsafe to the point of causing you harm.
HMD also wants you o know that it will not be responsible for the damages caused by unlocking your bootloader or by any custom software being flashed to your phone. They strongly recommend that you do not unlock the bootloader unless you understand all of the risks involved.
But, if you are an experienced developer, then just click this link and transcend to the next level.
Thx everyone for the tip 😉