At the beginning of the year, HMD Global announced the successor of their first Nokia-branded Android smartphone, the Nokia 6 2018 or as HMD officially refers to her – Nokia 6 (2nd generation). The new Nokia 6, in the same fashion as the original 6, was announced for the Chinese market and is available there for purchase, while the rest of the world has to wait, probably till MWC2018, for the global variant.
Iranian blog MyNokia.ir got their hands on a Black-Copper Nokia 6 (2018) and published excellent photos of the beautifully designed Nokia 6 2018. Check some of the photos down below.
As you could see, we are dealing here with a very beautifully crafted device. I personally expected the copper accent color to pop out more, but it’s probably better that it looks less intrusive, because folks that prefer black phones, probably do it because of the timelessness and non-intrusiveness of the black color. Even though no real life photos of a Silver-Red Nokia 6 2018 are available, I personally still prefer it (judging from the few photos available online) over the Black-Copper combination.
Apart from a design upgrade, which in my opinion, the Nokia 6 2018 is, the new 6 also comes with an upgraded spec sheet, that includes a better processor and even a USB Type C port. Check the full specifications down below.
- Dimensions: 148.8 × 75.8 × 8.15 (mm) (8.6mm camera bump)
- Mass: 172 g
- Screen: 5.5 inch, 1080×1920 pixels, 2.5D Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: Snapdragon 630 (Octa core, 4*2.2GHz+4*1.9GHz)
- RAM: 4GB LPRDDR4
- Internal memory: 32/64 GB eMMC5.1, microSD up to 128GB
- Camera: 16MP back + 8MP front, Bothie supported, OZO Audio (2 mics)
- Battery: 3000 mAh, fast charging
- Connectivity: USB Type C, Bluetooth 5.0, 3.5mm headphone jack
- OS: Android 7.1.1 (will update to Android 8.0.0)
- Price: €191 for 32GB, €216 for 64GB
If you want to see the rest of the images of the Nokia 6 2018, check MyNokia.ir.
Do you think this two-color combination HMD did with the Nokia 6 2018 is a good move? Should we see it on the rest of the lineup? Tell us down below.