Camera comparison: #Nokia 8 vs. iPhone 7 Plus in low light (VTechgraphy)

VTechgraphy did a camera comparison between HMD’s flagship Nokia 8 and Apple’s last year’s iPhone 7 Plus. The comparison covers just the photos made from both devices in low light conditions. Low-light shooting is an aspect were Nokia 8’s camera was criticised as lagging behind the competition, but, from first hand, we can tell you that low-light performance of Nokia 8 is good, but not best on the market, even though at €500 it is an overall really capable camera. VTech compared low-light performance of the 8 and the iPhone 7 Plus, and you can check some photos down below.

The comparison was made in a way that readers chose which picture looks better, from phone A or B, but, until this morning (GMT), it wasn’t revealed which is from Nokia 8 and which from iPhone 7 Plus, so it’s a blind comparison to remove any bias. The results to some may be surprising, but the 8 received 83.6% of the votes, with the 7 Plus getting the remaining 16.4%. The sample is 1489 total votes or about 250 votes per picture. Some pictures look better on the iPhone 7 Plus, while in most of the cases the 8 produced better results. But, further improvements are always welcome.

If you want to see more photos comparing the low-light performance of Nokia 8 and iPhone 7 Plus, head to VTechgraphy.com. As always, leave your thoughts in the comments down below. 🙂

 

  • Stinger

    It’s not even a close race. The Nokia 8 clearly performs better in those low light pictures. The iPhone 7 is a good phone, but the Nokia 8 does as well or better for less money.