After a successful acquisition and merger with Alcatel-Lucent, time has come for some changes in the leadership composition of this technology giant. Actually, not so many things have change regarding the names, but rather their roles have changed. Rajeev Suri said that changes are needed to accelerate the execution of Nokia’s strategy. This people will be in the Group Leadership team and will report directly to the CEO.
So, these are the changes in the leadership of the company:
- Marc Rouanne, currently Chief Innovation and Operating Officer, will become President of the Mobile Networks business group, responsible for mobile products and solutions, including 4G, 5G, cloud core, small cells and other advanced mobile solutions. Rouanne will remain on the GLT, reporting to Suri.
- Igor Leprince, currently Executive Vice President of Global Services, will take the role of President of Global Services, a new business group comprised of the Services organization that currently resides within the existing Mobile Networks business group, including company-wide managed services. Leprince will join the GLT as a new member, reporting to Suri.
- Monika Maurer, currently Chief Operating Officer of Fixed Networks, will assume the position of Group COO, responsible for Nokia’s operating model, Global Operations (manufacturing and supply chain), procurement, implementation of cost saving and ongoing transformation activities, information technology, real estate, and quality. Maurer will join the GLT as a new member, reporting to Suri.
- Marcus Weldon, currently President of Nokia Bell Labs and Chief Technology Officer, will retain those responsibilities and join the GLT as a new member, reporting to Suri.
- Kathrin Buvac, Chief Strategy Officer, will assume additional responsibilities for incubation of select new business opportunities, and Barry French, Chief Marketing Officer, will assume additional responsibilities for Health, Safety, Security and Environment. They will both remain on the GLT, reporting to Suri.
Only one who is leaving is the Samih Elhage, who has decided to leave Nokia to pursue new opportunities. Elhage will continue in his current role and as a member of the GLT until April 1, 2017, and will remain as an advisor to the company through May 31, 2017.
With the recent change this is the complete list of the GLT members: : Rajeev Suri, Kristian Pullola, Monika Maurer, Basil Alwan, Bhaskar Gorti, Federico Guillén, Igor Leprince, Marc Rouanne, Ashish Chowdhary, Hans-Jürgen Bill, Kathrin Buvac, Barry French, Maria Varsellona and Marcus Weldon.
Additional background about the team can be found HERE.